The Definition of ‘Night Prayer’ and ‘Tahajjud Prayer’
‘Tahajjud Prayer Or Night Prayer‘ is any prayer which conducted after Isha time. The ideal opportunity for performing out the night vigil (Tahajjud) prayer closes. When Isha time finishes and before Fajr time starts. Along these lines, any intentional prayers performed after Fajr time does not mean the night Tahajjud Prayer.
Allah The Most High stated,
Surah Al-Israa Ayah 78
أَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ لِدُلُوكِ الشَّمْسِ إِلَىٰ غَسَقِ اللَّيْلِ وَقُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ ۖ إِنَّ قُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ كَانَ مَشْهُودًا
Establish The Salah from the declination of the sun till the darkness of the night (Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha) and read at Fajr (dawn). For the reading at Fajr is witnessed (by the angels).
Surah Al-Israa Ayah 79
وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَتَهَجَّدْ بِهِ نَافِلَةً لَكَ عَسَىٰ أَنْ يَبْعَثَكَ رَبُّكَ مَقَامًا مَحْمُودًا
During a part of the night, pray Tahajjud Prayer, an additional prayer for you (O Muhammad), very soon your Rabb may exalt you to ‘Maqam-e-Mahmood’ (a station of great glory).
Also, Allah says,
“Their sides shun their beds,” (32:16)
Also, the Almighty says,
“The piece of the night they spent sleeping was little.” (51:17)
Muhammad The Messenger of Allah’s Statements Relating to Tahajjud Prayer at Night
Abu Hurayra (Allah be satisfied with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (favors and peace arrive, his family, and colleagues) stated, “The best supplication after the compulsory petitions is the Tahajjud Prayer.” [Muslim]
Abu Hurayra (Allah be satisfied with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (endowments and peace arrive, his family, and mates) was asked, “What supplication is most temperate, after the mandatory petitions?” He stated, “Petition in the profundities of the Tahajjud Prayer.” [Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa I, Ibn Majah]
Abd Allah ibn Salaam (Allah be satisfied with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (gifts and peace arrive, his family, and allies) stated, “O individuals! Spread the salams, nourish others, keep up family ties, and supplicate around evening time when others rest and you will enter Heaven securely.” [Tirmidhi, Hakim]
Abu Umama al-Bahili (Allah be satisfied with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (endowments and peace arrive, his family, and colleagues) stated, “Hold quick to the Tahajjud Prayer, for it was the method for the noble before you, a method for moving nearer to your Lord, an appeasement for wrong deeds, and a shield from wrongdoing.” [Tirmidhi, and others] In a few portrayals, there is an expansion, “And it repulses affliction from the body.”
Ibn Mas`ud (Allah be satisfied with him) stated, “The ideals of Tahajjud Prayer over day supplication resembles the excellence of mystery philanthropy over open philanthropy.” [Tabarani] The researchers disclose that this alludes to deliberate petitions.
Imam Saffarini, the Hanbali faqih, and Sufi, clarified in his Sharh Mandhumat al-Adaab:
Tahajjud Prayer is better than day prayer in light of the fact that:
It is more hidden and nearer to earnestness. The exemplary early Muslims (salaf) used to endeavor hard to shroud their insider facts [f: which means the activities amongst them. And Allah]. Hasan [al-Basri] stated, ‘It used to be that a man would have visitors remaining over and he would supplicate around evening time without his visitors knowing.’
Furthermore, in light of the fact that Tahajjud Prayer is harder on the lower self, since night is a period of rest from the feel worn out on the day, so leaving rest in spite of the lower self-being covetous of it is an enormous battle (Mujahada). Some have stated, ‘The best of works are those the lower self is compelled to perform.’
Also, on the grounds that recitation in Tahajjud Prayer is nearer to examination, since things that bustling the heart are for the most part truant around evening time, so the heart is the consideration and is with the tongue incomprehension, as Allah Most High stated, “o! The night vigil is (a period) when an impression is sharper and discourse progressively certain. Lo! You have by day a chain of business. So recall the name of your Lord and give yourself with a total commitment.’ (73: 6-7) It is a direct result of this that we have been ordered to present the Qur an in night petition in a relentless presentation (tartil).
Tahajjud Prayer Benefits
What’s more, it is a direct result of this that Tahajjud Prayer is a shield from transgression
And, since Tahajjud Prayer time is the best of times for willful love and supplication, and the nearest a worker is to his Lord.
And Also, since it is a period when the entryways of the sky are opened, supplications replied, and the necessities of the individuals who ask satisfied.
Allah has applauded the individuals who wake up during the evening for His recognition, supplication, and to look for pardoning and implore Him, saying, ‘They spurn their beds to cry unto their Lord in dread and expectation, and spend of what We have gave on them. No spirit recognizes what is kept escaped them of satisfaction, as a reward for what they used to do.’ (32: 16-17)
What’s more, He stated, ‘The individuals who appeal to God for exonerating in the watches of the night.’ (3: 17)What’s more, ‘[The (steadfast) workers of the Merciful are they who stroll upon the earth unassumingly, and when the silly one address them reply: Peace; And who spend the night prior to their Lord, prostrate and standing ‘ (25: 63-64)
Allah most nullified likeness between the individuals who ask during the evening and the individuals who don’t: ‘Is the person who venerates passionately in the watches of the night, prostrate and standing, frightful of the Hereafter and seeking after the kindness of his Lord, (to be accounted break even with a doubter)? Say: are the individuals who know level with the individuals who know? In any case, just individuals of comprehension will pay notice.'” (39: 9) [Saffarini, Ghidha al-Albab Sharh Mandhumat al-Adaab]
Insights Regarding the Tahajjud Prayer
Imam Abu Sayeed al-Khadimi stated, “There is academic agreement (ijma`) that among the best of temperate acts is the Night Tahajjud Prayer.” [al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya]
The researchers got the accompanying from the Qur an and prophetic hadiths:
01. The place of the aim is the heart, and has two perspectives:
- To expect what you are doing, (for example, asking Tahajjud);
- To expect why you are doing this, (for example, for Allah).
Negligibly, it is sufficient for all Sunnah and Nafl supplications to just expect to implode, however, it is best to indicate that you are playing out the specific Sunnah Prayer, you are aiming, (for example, Tahajjud or Duha).
02. The negligible Night Tahajjud Prayer is 2 Rakats. [Hindiyya, citing Fath al-Qadir]
03. Its ideal prescribed sum is 8 Rakats, on the grounds that this was the general routine with regards to the Messenger of Allah (favors and peace arrive, his family, and sidekicks). [Hindiyya, citing Fath al-Qadir]
04. Lengthier recitation is better than a bigger number of Rakats asked. [Haskafi, Durr al-Mukhtar; Ibn `Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar]
05. On the off chance that one Partitions the night in thirds, at that point the last center third is generally ethical. [Haskafi, Durr al-Mukhtar]
06. On the off chance that one Partitions the night down the middle, at that point the second half is more prudent. [ibid.]
07. It is desirable over separation the night in six segments, one should rest in the initial three bits, adore and play out the Tahajjud petition in the fourth and fifth, at that point rest in the 6th, as this is the salah of Dawud (peace arrive). [Umdat al-Fiqh]
08. Willful (Nafl) supplication during the evening is more high-minded than deliberate petition amid the day. Notwithstanding, the full reward specified in the Quranic verses and Prophetic hadiths alludes to venerate that was gone before by rest. This is likewise comprehended from the exceptionally phonetic importance of Tahajjud, which is to battle free oneself of rest. [Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar, citing Ibn Amir Haajj s Halba]
Tahajjud Namaz Is Sunnah Or Nafl
09. Ibn Nujaym and Haskafi both certified that Tahajjud Prayer is prescribed. [Bahr al-Ra iq; Durr al-Mukhtar; picked in al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya] Kamal ibn al-Humam, the splendid mujtahid who was the best Hanafi faqih of the last 50% of Islamic history. In any case, faltered between it being prescribed or an affirmed Sunnah. This is on account of while the talked hadiths demonstrate suggestion. The proceeded with a routine with regards to the Prophet Muhammad. (Allah favor him and give him peace). Would appear to show it being an affirmed Sunnah. This was likewise picked by Ibn al-Humam’s understudy, Ibn Amir Haaj in his Halba. [Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar]
10. It is disdained to leave the Tahajjud Prayer for one who has made it their propensity, unless there is a reason, in light of the fact that the Prophet Muhammad (Allah favor him and give him peace) said to Ibn Umar (Allah be satisfied with him), “O Abd Allah! Try not to resemble so-thus. He used to ask during the evening and afterward left it.” [Bukhari and Muslim] Therefore, one should go up against a measure of works one can manage, for the Messenger of Allah (gifts and peace arrive, his family, and allies) stated, “The most adored of activities to Allah are the most consistent, regardless of whether little.” [ibid] [Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar, from Ibn Amir Haajj’s Halba]
11. The Night Tahajjud Prayer is prescribed, to begin with, two short Thajjud Rakats, on account of the hadith of Abu Hurayra that the Prophet Muhammad (Allah favor him and give him peace) stated. “If you get up for Night Tahajjud Prayer, begin with two short Rakats.” [Muslim, Ahmad, Abu Dawud]
12. Supplications in the profundities of the night are replied, as the hadiths have specified.
Ibn Mas`ud (Allah be satisfied with him) was asked, “I can’t ask around evening time.” He stated, “Your transgressions have averted you.”